Tuesday, September 13, 2011

For real this time...

A while back the always sexy and suprisingly inspiring Donnie Wahlberg tweeted something that struck a chord. "Don't be afraid to fail .... Be afraid not to try!"

I have always been afraid to try because I'm afraid of failing at the only thing I've ever wanted to do. So instead of actually trying to write a novel, I read about writing. I check all of my favorite author's blogs, I Google how to's, I read about other people's success and failures on writing message boards. I do everything but put my own words onto paper (or into the Word document).

But all that has come to an end. I am going to write everyday. It might not be words for a novel, but as long as I write something I'll be happy and then maybe eventually all that writing will result in a novel that, whether or not it's any good, I can be proud of. I no longer care if I fail in the end because if I don't try, I've failed before I even gave myself a chance. Donnie tweeted more amazing advice that I plan to live by on August 31st, "When that moment of fear hits? That moment of anxiety shows up? The one that won't go away- FACE IT! Then kick it right in its b***s!" My fear is going down and I am looking forward to the challenge.

It's my time to shine..."Today! Don't give up on your goal! Things happen when they're meant to- It's up to you to be prepared when that moment comes! Keep grinding!"*



*(of course, more Donnie wisdom to close out this post, I couldn't help myself)

No comments: